Regular car care is a way to save money at the gas pump.
Drivers have seen some relief in the past few weeks as gas prices have dropped. The savings car owners are seeing can make it harder to remember that they can save even more money (even if gas prices climb again) with a bit of attention to regular car care.
“Proactive vehicle maintenance is a motorist’s best money saving tip,” said Rich White, executive director of the nonprofit Car Care Council. “Routine auto care not only helps save on fuel costs, but it helps identify small issues so they can be serviced before they become bigger and more costly to repair.”
The council recommends five simple steps to savings:
- "Check tire pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.
- "Use the right motor oil: Improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- "Replace clogged air filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- "Check engine performance: Keep your engine running efficiently and improve gas mileage by an average of 4 percent.
- "Fix it: Addressing a serious maintenance problem, like a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve mileage by as much as 40 percent, according to fueleconomy.gov."
And, better yet, a car that's been taken care of will be reliable and you won't have to worry about getting places (like the CCSPCA to pick out a furry forever Valentine) every time you start the engine.
Don's Tire and Service is the best place in Merced to get regular car care and car repair. Locally owned, Don's Tire has been the trusted car care and car repair shop in Merced for almost 60 years.
Merced | Car Care Near Me | Car Repair Near Me | Don's Tire and Service
#Merced #CarCareNearMe #CarRepairNearMe #DonsTireandService